Saturday, October 13, 2012

Jen's birthday

Yesterday we celebrated my birthday in style. It started off with the waffles with ice cream for breakfast... A birthday tradition. Next, we went out to our neighborhood garage sale. I got to look at as many garage sales as I wanted without Eric saying he was done. We had a blast and came home with 32 u.s. mint proof coin sets, a compound bow for Eric, a jewelry box for Elia, a "secret stash" box for Ethan to stow his treasures in, a family game and a puzzle, two books for kara, and a new bike helmet for Ethan.
Eric surprised me by replacing the battery in my watch all by himself. He had purchased a watch repair kit a few months ago and put it to use. He also bought me a very nice string of pearls with a matching bracelet and earrings. Since my jewelry box got stolen I don't really have much jewelry anymore. In the afternoon, we did a few things around the house before heading to Jason's deli for dinner and then to the movie theater to see the movie Brave. It was a happy day. I felt very loved especially with the cards from the kids and Eric's thoughtful surprises. Elia even gave me $2.00 from her allowance! How thoughtful! That's a lot of money to her and she wanted to give it to me! I love my family!!!
I feel like I got so much for my birthday today!
Next up is Eric's birthday in 13 days how am I going to measure up?!

1 comment:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

What a fun day! Glad you had a happy birthday!!