Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Beginning of the End

Eric didn't want to pass over the computer until he had typed in the title, so he made up the title for this post. Can you tell what he's thinking about?
Well, nothing stands out this week as particularly exciting. We paid rent, played with friends at the park, got more medicine for Ethan (he is living off samples until his appointment with the pulmonologist on the 14th because our insurance didn't approve one of his medications).
Also this week we've gone pretty much without a car. We've had to borrow a car from our friends the Leavitt's to go to church and to an appointment, but it has been interesting not having a car. We walked the mile to the grocery store to buy milk and it was very nice to spend the time together and get the kids out. Eric remarked that it is sad that our car has to be out of commission to get us to do more things like that. We've also been planning our meals very well because we don't have the luxury of just running to the store if we need something.
Really, everyone's been so helpful. I made arrangements to go to the park with some friends (not even thinking that I didn't have a car). Later that night, my friend Joy called and asked if I needed a ride. I probably would have woken up, gotten ready to go to the playground, walked outside and then realized that I didn't have transportation. Thank goodness for friends who are more with-it than I am!
Also tonight we received the news that the Patriots lost. We watched the last 51 seconds of the game. Enough to see their tragic fall! Better luck next time.
This week should prove more exciting. Eric has a job interview on Monday (actually four one-hour interviews with a company here in Phoenix). Then on Wednesday morning we leave to Florida! My grandpa lives there and my dad is meeting us there. We're looking forward to the 75 degree weather! Phoenix is getting too cold :)
Oh, one last thing, perhaps the most exciting part of our week was Elia moving from diapers at night to underwear. We told her she had to go a week without peeing in her diaper, which she did. Tonight is her third night in underwear. We don't totally trust her though and told her she can't move out to the lovesac anymore (which she was doing in the middle of the night because of Ethan's coughing).

P.S. Elia is in love with these shoes now. She got them from her friend Sofia and thinks they are great! Also, here are a few more pictures of her playing around on the sidelines of the soccer field where Eric and I played on Wednesday and Friday last week. By the way, she didn't get the "skirts are cool to wear" idea from me! Just another one of those "I can make up my own mind" things.

8 comments:

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

I seriously can't believe that Elia is that old! I was there when she was BORN!! Well, not there, but you know what I mean...she is SO adorable, and so is Ethan! Holy Moly! Heart breakers! Sorry about your car! That is NO fun to be without transportation! Good luck with that anyhow!

Joab Meyer said...

I know your pain! No car...it is a walk of faith. Thanks for your email. I am glad you enjoyed the treats. No the fruit roll up things are just from the store. I plan to email you back sometime soon. Enjoy FL!

Mickell said...

you've got some pretty cute pictures there!:)

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Jen, I had no idea your car is out of commission? What happened? If you need anything, let me know! We only have one car too but we are happy to help.

Paola said...

HEY! I'm finally in the T-Bird loop! You're funny. I miss running with you and Tiff! Mateus is really so sick! I hate it. Elia is such a pretty little doll. I love seeing her in the pictures.

Smith Family said...

hey jen and eric...sorry about the car situation...been there, done that...and it sucks! at least everything is within walking distance there...i loved that about living there. by the way...i love elia's shoes as much as she does! her and travis should get together...he is slightly obsessed with converse shoes...

The Barrus Family said...

Your cute little family is growing! I'm like Mindy; I can't believe how time flies. I just wanted to say hi really quick.

Joy said...

Being without a car sucks, I know. When are you coming home? I got my camera!! Time to play.