Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Who is Ethan's Papa?

OK, so I am done with long posts! The last two have been exceptionally long and I know it is hard to read ones that are so long! So for now, I want to post this little incident, the topic of which, comes up almost every day:

Elia: Who is Ethan's Papa?
Jen: Your Papa is Ethan's Papa.
Elia: No he's not.
Jen: Yes, you and Ethan have the same Papa.
Elia: I don't want to share Papa.
Jen: Well, who is Ethan's Papa?
Elia (while on a walk): That tree is Ethan's Papa.
Jen: Trees make baby trees, not baby people. People have to make baby people. Papa is Ethan's Papa.
Elia: No he's not.
Jen: admits defeat in arguing with a three-year-old by not continuing the conversation

I'm beginning to learn that grown-ups do not win logical arguments with small children. From what I've heard, I think it is rare for a grown-up to win an argument with a teenager too. Time will tell!

4 comments:

Jean Smith said...

LOVE those little treasures of conversations with kids. they are truly priceless. by the way, don't try to win an argument...at least not with a three year old!

The Petty's said...

Cute story about Elia.

I have been tagged on my blog, and so now I am tagging you. Go to my blog and see the rules. (Don't you love it when people tell you what to do like this.)

Tiffany said...

Cute! What a great story. Elia is really going to love that one when she gets older.

Mickell said...

Oh I guess that Elia will get it some day! :)
THat is pretty cute!