Saturday, April 19, 2008

PAR-TEEEEE!

We celebrated Ethan's birthday today. We invited our friends over to swim and eat cake and ice cream. I worked in the morning on the cake (plus I had done some preparations (some of the stars) on Thursday night). I invited my friend Paola over to help with some of it. She is the creative and crafty type and I thought she would enjoy it, plus with the two kids and Eric gone to two group meetings all morning I knew I would need the help (thanks Paola)! We had a great time and I think the cake turned out looking great: The gang sang "Happy Birthday",
Then Elia helped Ethan blow out the candle:
Ethan didn't know what to do with the cake and, with a very serious face, just squished and played with it. I think he loved the feel of it between his fingers. I guess we need to play more with texture stuff:
I finally put a little taste in his mouth and he got the idea. He ate some, but still was serious the whole time! What a funny kid. After eating a little, and squishing a lot, he wanted to go back swimming. He loved being in the water, being passed back and forth between Eric and me. He had a huge grin on his face the whole time.
We had a great turnout. We collected canned food instead of presents and were going to take it to a local food bank, but we've decided to take it to church tomorrow and ask the bishop if there is anyone in the ward who could use it. Thanks everyone for coming! In a few weeks everyone will be leaving. It was great to see everyone again!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks GREAT Jen. Loved the stars!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That was a fun party Jen, thanks for inviting us! And your cake, wow, you have some made skills. I was so impressed. Your fam is so cute, we are going to miss you guys when you move. Would you mind emailing me the group picture? Thanks!

The Petty's said...

Wow, great cake. It will be sad for you when all your friends and yourselves move on. Happy Birthday, again, Eithan.

Mauri said...

wow...the cake looks amazing! we celebrated tate's 1st birthday on saturday and compared to that...i don't know if i can even post pictures!! it is so fancy!! can you believe how fast this year has gone??? whoa...what day is ethan's birthday? tate is the 17th...they are either the exact day or very close.

Amy & Greg said...

Wow!! Love the cake. Glad I got to see it. Good thing you have the skills from that cake decorating class. I am really sad that we missed the party. Oh, well! Next year? Oh, wait...you WILL NOT be here.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

What an amazing looking and tasting cake that was! i really need to learn from your domestic skills!!! Do you mind emailing me the group picture? See you at Bunco! Happy Bday cute Ethan!

Forbush Family said...

Wow I can't believe Ethan is already a year old. He is so big and so cute! The cake looked fabulous- your talents are amazing!

Cathy Duffy said...

i'm so sad we weren't there! my kids were sick so we ended up spending saturday in PJ's watching movies all day... the cakes looks awesome!!

Dave and Becky said...

What an AWESOME cake! I can't believe you made it! Looks like a fun party and a great idea to donate food. And who doesn't enjoy a little pool time... gotta love Arizona! Good luck with everything. I can't believe it's all over for you guys... seems like you just got there! Time flies.
~The Sattlers

KimWar said...

your cake is amazing,