Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So much time and we still can't get everything done!

Well, our life has sure taken a turn. Eric graduated a week and a half ago and until that time we were so busy we didn't have time to think. We had all these projects we wanted to get done, but didn't feel we had time too. Now we have so much time that we've been on a fun "binge" and a lot of our time gets wasted and we still don't get much done on our "project" list. We can't win either way!

Actually though, Eric's mom has been here for a little over a week and will be going home tomorrow. It's been nice to get a little extra sleeping in while she's been here and of course we spend time just visiting with her or playing games. We did go to a Mother's Day activity in downtown Glendale which included a tour of the chocolate factory and free flower give-aways. Most of our time is just spent relaxing (which we really haven't been able to do fully since Eric started school!!!) and going on lots of walks with the beautiful weather (which will leave this weekend :( as the temps hit 101!) We've enjoyed her visit, and have continued to do a lot of job searching, but we should get back to more of a state of normalcy and schedules (my favorite thing) after she leaves.
On Mother's Day Eric made his mom and I scrumptious blueberry pancakes with mixed berries on top, boysenberry syrup and whip cream. He had also purchased these huge long-stem strawberries that he dipped in chocolate! Yum! I can forsee a Mother's Day tradition here.
The only real news is that we took Ethan for a hearing test. Because he's had so many ear infections the doctors and I wanted to make sure everything was fine. The audiologist loved Ethan and even better, said he hears perfectly (so now I know he ignores me on purpose!)!
Also, we spent probably the best $20 of our lives. We bought a month-long family pass to the Y fun center which includes three blow-up obstacle course and bounce toys. We went there as a closing activity for Thunderkids.
I'll end with some pictures of our babies. Eric took his mom to a mini spa-treatment, so I snapped some pictures while I waited. I know there are a lot, but, you know me, I love pictures!!
Our girl:Done with being photographed!I had to trick her to get this one: Little "e":
Always ready for pictures and with smiles!

6 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Jen - those pic's are fantastic - oh my goodness Easton's eyes are AMAZING! I would love to go shooting with you sometime, and you can teach me a trick or two or ten!
I saw you called today - thanks for the invite, I am actually in Utah until Saturday, and randomly enough we are doing a summer internship in WA! Yeah, that is so Spence and I - last minuters! So we need to try to get together and hang out before we leave. Let's try to connect the end of the week! Love ya, Katie

Joy said...

It sounds like you guys have been really busy since graduation... that fun center sounds like so much, uh, fun! :) Great pictures, I especially like the last one!

Jean Smith said...

coming down from graduation almost feels surreal. good luck with everything in the future!

those pictures of your kiddies...are SOOOO cute....seriously...some of my favorite images of yours that i have seen lately! elia is beautiful and ethan is a hunk!

Anonymous said...

Jen!!!
I accidentally came across your blog. I love it. I did not even know you had a baby boy. That is great. Congrats on your husband graduating. Please email me! My address is dustjen@comcast.net

Jen Alley B.

Tiffany said...

Wow, way to go on those strawberries Eric! They made me hungry! Jen, great job on your photos. I love the color in them. I still need some pointers from you because mine never look like that. You have quite the eye. If you get too hot down there, come on up, the weather is awesome in Utah and it's beautiful! Have you been running?

kachers said...

Oh SO cute! Your kids are just adorable! We just got back into town, so call me up if you feel like swimming;> Your evening at the restaurant sounded divine - good ole uncle sam!