Friday, July 25, 2008

Farewell to Watson

Late last night, Watson, our sweet little dog, was hit and killed by a car. I guess we feel it was a good time for him to go. He was slowing down and he died quickly. Our little three-legged wonder dog was loved by so many people and even though we didn't always give him the attention he deserved, he was faithful and patient with us.
We buried him early this morning in Green Canyon. During our little service, Eric said that Watson taught him that you are never too old to change -- we never thought Watson would be good around kids, but he ended up being great with our kids and with the other kids who would sometimes pull or pick him up too much.
Elia said that she liked taking Watson on walks.
I still feel I should have given him more attention and though it is too late now, I have been awakened to a new drive to not live my life with regrets. I don't want to neglect things now and regret later that I didn't do them.

12 comments:

CandraWynne said...

We are so sorry to hear about Watson, but it sounds like you have some great memories!

Joy said...

Oh, no! Poor Watson. Well said, Jen. It's too bad that things like this have to occur for us to wake up and realize that there are more important things in life than some of the small things we let take over. I needed to hear that. Thanks.

Bobbi Leavitt said...

oh watsy-doodle. You will be missed by all. Sorry jen. I know he was alot to you.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Poor Watson, he was a great dog!

Makelle said...

Hey guys---I can't believe sweet little Watson is gone. I loved that dog---seriously...and I only met him a few times. He was so good with Boston! That is a powerful memorium to Watson--I loved reading it...truly inspirational!

Alana said...

Sorry about the loss. What a cute dog and sweet pictures posted!
-Alana Titus

Nicole said...

Oh, that makes me so sad. Sorry for your loss.

K said...

Sorry to hear about Watson. Losing a pet is always a sad thing. It's a good thing you have so many happy memories with him and he served his purpose which was adding joy to your lives.

Mickell said...

i sorry to here that. he was a very cute good dog. love you guys

Dave said...

We're so sorry to hear about Watson. Katelyn and I loved going on walks with all of you. He was such a good dog.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

So sad, sorry to hear about Watson. I know he was a good dog.

Amy & Greg said...

So sad that Watsy is gone. I wanted to cry when you told me. I loved your little dog--and so did Andrew.