Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wildflowers and Fireworks

Well, it is finally July. We've been in Logan just over a month now. The weather has been great.
Eric's brother and his family came for a visit from Montana. Elia loved hanging out with her two girl cousins (ages 12 and 10). They were giving her attention like the big sisters she's always wanted but will never have. One of the nights they were here we had a big family get together at the park. It was like a family reunion! Eric's parents, sister and her family, cousin and family, other cousin and family, aunt and uncle, great uncle and grandma were all there. We acted like kids and played tag on the playground. All of the adults were hurting the next day. Are we getting old?
Eric is still doing interviews and Jen just found out that she's going to start working more for the local photographer we mentioned earlier. She'll be taking family and child portraits. She is really excited! She's also been doing a few family and child portraits on her own. She's trying to get through some wedding pictures she took to get those up too. You can see them on the photography blog: www.pettyphotography.blogspot.com
In other news, we've sure been enjoying the beautiful outdoors here. Eric went camping with Elia, his cousin Dave and Dave's two kids (Jen stayed home with Ethan and watched a chick-flick with Dave's wife Paula):Happy Independence Day! We first celebrated on Monday, June 30th. Eric's cousin Cyndee put together a party. We presented on the Declaration of Independence. Let me know if you want the quiz we gave. Other people did musical numbers. We had a great time! Way to go Cyndee! On July 3rd, we watched the Logan fireworks from the roof of Eric's parent's house. We actually put Elia to bed at 7:30 then woke her up at 10:00 for the fireworks. I took over 100 pictures, but here are just a couple:
We've also been going on hikes and bike rides. On average, we do one or the other every other morning. Here are some pictures from our hike to the Windcaves up Logan Canyon:
Elia does so well at hiking. She complains a little bit going up, but we recharge her with M&M's at our stopping points. We don't take the backpack because we think she would want to ride too much. Instead, we give her short piggy back rides to give her a break. She loves going though. She went the 3-hour round trip hike almost all by herself. We gave her maybe 4-5 2-minute piggy back rides. I got a little obsessed with taking pictures of flowers on our hike, so here are a just a couple of my favorites:
We couldn't leave "little e" out of the post. Here is a picture of how we found him one morning... Yep, he had managed to take off his PJ bottoms, diaper and everything but one arm of his top. Needless to say, we don't put him in two-piece PJ's anymore:
Here are some pictures from around beautiful Cache Valley:

11 comments:

The Petty's said...

You have some very beautiful pictures on this post. You are getting really good at your "hobby". I guess you are a professional now, if you are going to start working for a photographer. I would love to hear more about that. Good luck with it.

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh! I love that picture of the building you took after the reunion! SO COOL! I would LOVE a copy of that! You are so awesome..I miss the hiking in Logan! take advantage! Everything is SO CLOSE!

Traeger said...

Love the scenery - it's so BEAUTIFUL! I'm jealous right now - but I'll be ok come January :)

Webster Family said...

I want the quiz. Your photos look great and I'm glad you guys are having a good time. Enjoy every moment--there are so many who wish they could just have "time". :)

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

It looks so gorgeous! Your photo skills are just as good in nature! We miss you!

Tiffany said...

Jen your photos are so beautiful! I'm just excited that I'll be able to say that you gave me a few tips one day when your rich and famous.

K said...

Love the photos. I've always wanted to take K up to the windcaves, but I've never dared do it because I wasn't sure he could make it and I can't carry him! If you decide to do that hike again you should call us. We'd love to do some hiking this summer, but I'm not great at getting out there and doing it with just the two of us. Be sure to keep in touch!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow Jen, those pictures are FANTASTIC! My pictures of the fireworks turned out like crap! Did you have it on a tripod? What a fun fun fun summer you guys are having up in Logan, you are doing so many neat things, getting tons of good exercise, and fun that you get to work for a photographer! I am sure Eric will get a job soon, and in the long run it will have worked out perfectly cause you will get to play all summer, before going back to work! (hopefully it will work out that way, i'll keep my fingers crossed). Too funny about Ethan! Sorry I never responded to your email or have called you yet - I didn't have internet for a while and then I just got it and my parents came for the week and left tonight - I'll try to give you a call in the next day or so, and we can catch up! Love ya, Katie

Paola said...

Those nature pictures are AMAZING! Wow JEn! And I'm totally excited to see the pictures of the kids/family/wedding! Well we miss you! P.S. That picture with E's little booty is awesome. He'll hate you someday for posting that. LOVE it!

Nells-Bells said...

SOOO good to see you the other night at the park! Your pics look awesome! I LOVE the wind caves. Envious of your hike. I haven't been up there in ages. Good luck with job interviews! Such a fickle time.

Amy & Greg said...

Wow!! Beautiful!! Sorry we missed you in Utah. We were so busy with family. I wish we could have seen you. Great choice to go to Logan while looking for jobs!