Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter and Our New Addition

I know, all my blog titles seem to be baby related! I guess we're just getting geared up for August... even though it is still so far away. We did get a new addition this weekend. I traded a photography session for this sweet playground set:


The kids love it and we've only had it for one day! We are so excited for the rest of the time using it. It came from a great family whose children are too old to enjoy it. It was well cared for and the lady was genuinely sad to get rid of it because they'd had so much fun on it. She was glad to see that it would be used, but it was interesting to me to see that she'd had so many memories with it and I hope we can add our own great memories to it. I'm looking forward to "sending" the kids out to play while I prepare dinner sometimes or when it is too hot for me to do anything but sit inside, but they want to play.
We had a fun Easter weekend. We decided to do candy and Easter Bunny stuff on Saturday. Elia and Ethan both got a little basket and book from Grandma and then a few things from the Easter Bunny. We didn't want to go overboard on candy, so I bought some candy, and then icy pops, marshmallows, toothbrushes and underwear for Elia and flipflops for Ethan. I know, underwear doesn't sound too exciting, but she needed it and when there is tinkerbell on it, Elia is sure excited about it.
Ethan couldn't stuff enough chocolate candy eggs into his mouth. We told him to slow down and eat them one at a time. He did better after that. All I can say is that it's a good thing our kids like to brush their teeth!
First off was an egg hunt at the church:
Our pals, Channing and Chloe:

Elia and Eric "cleaned up" the "big kids" area after they were done and their good spying found them a few extra eggs.

I got this cute recipe about this divinity that ties into the Easter story and Jesus. We made it this morning with the kids and talked about the real meaning of Easter. You make it and put it in the oven. When it is done, it is hollow like the empty tomb:

11 comments:

The Petty's said...

I am SO jelous of your play ground! Way Cool! We got a cheep one from Walmart a couple years ago and it has been blown over twice now and is broke in pieces. It was never high quality to begin with. It is so sad! Looks like you got a good one.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow that playground is amazing Jen, I am glad to see that you guys got it moved. And Ethan looks so handsome with his short hair, I really love it. And cute idea with that thing you made and put it in the oven, I'll have to get the recipe and try that next year.

Paola said...

HEY Jen! That is SO AWESOME! And you simply traded a dang photo session! GREAT WORK! I want one. So jealous! :) And you cut his hair? Poor poor Samson.

Alisha Harris said...

Jen I noticed that Ethan was wearing flip flops. Does he keep them on? Mason received some in his Easter basket and I am ready to trade them in today. They were constantly off his feet.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome playground Jen! Elia and Lauren are sitting here with me as we check out your family pics!

Paula said...

Great playground!!Can't wait until we visit(sometime, but not soon enough) and our kids can add a few happy memories too.

Amber Staub said...

What a great swing set. We can't wait to come over this afternoon and play. The girls are going to love it.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

WOW, that play ground is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Your kids are so adorable!

Meg said...

I want that play ground! That looks like a blast.

I can not believe how big your kiddos are! Hope you had a great Easter.

Tiffany said...

Good trade Jen! I love the play set.

Paola said...

Hey! I've been telling everyone about your fun party that you threw and the awesome cake. People want to see the cake! You have to post pictures...:)