Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's a boy!

No, we didn't find out the gender of our unborn child, but on Saturday, we took Ethan to get his first haircut... maybe now we won't get comments such as, "How old is she", etc.:We took some video too, but I didn't feel like editing it tonight. If there is anything interesting, I'll include it next time... so more pictures will have to do:There is no turning back and we've got a ponytail in a bag to prove it. Ethan didn't want anything to do with his cut hair, so Elia held it for display:Eric and I finally agreed that it was time and though we miss his curls we both really like his new haircut. In large part due to the two suckers and multiple animal crackers he was given, he sat pretty still during his first cut. I'm very glad I didn't attempt it myself. I like his hair even more the day after...
So, that is the exciting news for the week, but it was also fun to get to go to the Children's Museum with "Papa" last Wednesday. I had forgotten what it was like to only watch one kid at a time! Elia was feeling a little crazy after the museum. She's always coming up with new ways to amuse us (and herself). Here is her latest:
One last note, Ethan is really picking up on how to be polite. Whenever he asks for something and you give it to him he says, as if it were one word, "Thankyouwelcome". We think it's pretty cute.
After having heard several things during Conference this weekend about how we can improve ourselves, there is much work to be done! :) So, on to a new week. Happy living!

9 comments:

Joy said...

The new do looks great! I can't believe how long it was before, when you post those before and after shots! He looks so cute.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Although I loved it long, he looks SO HANDSOME with short hair. And he looks older too. What a cutie!

Amber Staub said...

He looks so cute with his new hair cut. It's a whole new Ethan. I love the pictures of both of them in the rain.

Los Morales said...

SUCH A CUTE NEW ETHAN!, not that he wasn't a cutie before but it just feel sooo fresh!. I think it will work great with the hot summer too!.

The Petty's said...

How very brave of you! I am proud of you guys! Scary has it was. I guess there is the prospect of another son and more curls, right?

Bertie said...

I love his new haircut too! I loved his long hair too! Our Ethan had long hair similar to that- and Chet still regrets cutting off his perfect "surfer" hair.

And I'm glad Elia has moved into Ethans class and they can be sillies together:)

Paula said...

great hair cut!We are still waiting for Michael to get enough to cut.

Amy & Greg said...

Love Ethan's hair cut

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

He looks so cute and more grown up! What a handsome boy!