Sunday, August 16, 2009

Officially Outnumbered

How time flies! It's been a whirlwind since Kara has been born... mostly because I've been trying to get projects done while I've still had help around... but alas, the help is gone (besides Eric who really has been wonderful). Ken and Nancy left early Saturday morning, but during the course of their stay they helped out a ton with the kids which gave me a break and allowed me to get some great organizing and catching up done. Ken did a lot of my "projects" including yard work (uncovering a 10'x20' piece of yard that was hidden under bushes), mowing the lawn, fixing our lawn mower (the pull string came untied and I'm certain it was probably working its way out during all the times we've moved previously, but which happened to come undone while he was using it), putting up a shelf and numerous pictures, cooking several delicious meals and helping me hang up my thermal curtain panels. Nancy was great with the kids and would take them swimming and to the playground while I got stuff done around the house. They also took the kids to the beach one day, which the kids really loved. So with tomorrow (my first day on my own and my first day officially outnumbered) right around the corner I feel like a kid getting ready to start school -- I'm excited to get back into a routine and try out this new phase of life, but am not sure how it will go. Fortunately, several ward members have volunteered to bring meals over this week, so that will really be nice in the transition.
I love Sunday afternoons. Eric, Kara and Ethan take naps and Elia and I get to do this:
Have a great week everyone!

9 comments:

Thrillsons said...

She is just precious...I love all of her hair!

Tiffany said...

Oh Jen, she is so precious! What a beautiful girl and your pictures are perfect. Wonderful job. I think she looks a little bit like Ethan with her cute little face. Call me anytime if you need someone to talk to. If anyone can handle being outnumbered, you can. I wish I was there to help, but I'm glad you have some great help from your ward.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

They could not be cuter!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

What a sweetheart! Love all the pictures!

Los Morales said...

YOUR PICTURES ARE SO CUTE!. SUCH CUTE SISTERS!!.

Danny, Andrea, Connor and Lizzie said...

Your family is just gorgeous. Congrats on your new little one! -Andrea

Cathy Duffy said...

Your little ones are so cute! Hope you are doing well and getting some sleep at night...

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures you took-- you not only have the photography talent, but also darling girls!

The Petty's said...

I see that you have not posted again yet. How is it going? Our computer is down, so I will not be checking as regularly as usual. Hope all is going well. Call sometime.