Sunday, September 30, 2007

Beanies and Cowboy Hats

It's amazing how time just passes by! Another week is gone and I'm not sure I've changed for the better. I was thinking today, that I probably should be improving myself every week, but last week, it seems I can hardly remember what I did at all. Thank goodness for pictures, though I've tried eight times already and gotten an error when I've tried to post them...
Yes! Finally, they came up. I think the computer just needed a little positive encouragement. This last time, I kept saying to my computer, "Come on, you can do it! Come on, Come on!" Eric helped too, and it worked! People are like that too. Sometimes they just need a little positive encouragement too... Anyway, off the philosophical horse. Here are some pics of this week. You will notice an unfamiliar face in the photos! Me! We went on Friday to a cowboy day put on by Glendale City. It seemed like half (which is really an exaggeration) were from our ward at church! But really, the place was packed. They had horse rides (which surprisingly, Elia didn't want to go on, even though she used to sit bareback on Matthew's horses in Vernal), a train ride, crafts, and root beer floats. Since there were so many of us with cameras I could actually get in some of the pictures. Here I am with both my kids:

Another "phase" we've been going through is the beanie phase, inspired by her cousin Emily. She found these beanies when I was going through some of Ethan's bigger clothes. She loves wearing it to bed, but insists on having the bear in front. Here is a picture of her in her almost daily routine of eating cereal on the porch. We're going to have to change something though because two days ago she tried to pour her own juice which ended up in puddles all over the kitchen (though to her credit she tried to clean it up), then this morning, there were cracker crumbs all over the kitchen. Tonight the child gate will go up over the entrance to the kitchen and we've told her she can have a box of cereal and must take it out to the porch when she gets up.

We had another beanie, so we put it on Ethan for one picture.



4 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Love the beanie pictures! I think this is the first picture of YOU I have seen on your blog! We have also watched Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader and realize we need to go back to elementary!

Joy said...

She is so funny. Love the little beanie pic of them both and it's fun to see you for a change!

Melodie Starr* said...

I agree with the others about the beanie pic!! it is the cutest!@! i am so glad that you guys are doing so well. keep the cute pics coming! i just posted to eric and i's blog, but i really want to catch up sometime jen..

Melodie Starr* said...

I agree with the others about the beanie pic!! it is the cutest!@! i am so glad that you guys are doing so well. keep the cute pics coming! i just posted to eric and i's blog, but i really want to catch up sometime jen..