Monday, October 8, 2007

Scrapbooking, a Mexican wedding, and a visit to Grandma's

Well, we just returned from Grandma's house where we spent four busy days which included one mexican wedding, two games of Settlers, three hours of driving and four sessions of church conference! What a weekend!
I managed to get a few jobs done for my mom like helping to fix her toilet and caulking around her laundry room and managed to break the head of a screw off while trying to put some doors on her bathroom cabinet. Alas, the doors will have to stay off a while longer, though they have been off for probably a year, though this time they might be harder to put back on then the initial project was. It wasn't my fault though! I was trying to be helpful!
We did get to watch the General Conference for our church over the weekend. They have two sessions on Saturday and two on Sunday. We watched over the internet, though we couldn't get the video to work with the audio. So we listened to the English audio link and watched the Spanish video link with the sound turned down. It was an interesting experience because the Spanish video link was a couple minutes behind the English audio link so the choir would be singing, but we would be watching someone still giving a talk. We did hear some great things, especially about priorities and whether the things we spend the most time on are the most important. I love quotes and here is a great quote from Steven Covey. He said, "The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule but to schedule your priorities." I need to do better at that. It is just sometimes a lot more fun to say, scrapbook than clean the house. Speaking of scrapbooks, I am including four of my digital scrapbook pages.












I just started about a month ago and I love it! I don't spend too much time on my pages, but I am happy with them. It is so easy to work on a few minutes here and there:

















On Saturday night we went to a mexican wedding reception. We were talking to another couple at our table. They said their son's wedding cost $20,000 and the groom pays for it all! I guess this one wasn't as organized as other ones, but they fed probably 200 people dinner, had a live mariachi band as well as a regular band.


Elia made friends with these two little girls, though one had a broken foot, so couldn't run around. It was nice because it is customary for all the kids to run around the open floor while all the adults are chatting and eating. They had such fun running around that Elia couldn't wait for the little girl to finish eating so they could go play again:


P.S. So everyone can appreciate it, it took my about a half an hour (and that might be an UNDERestimate) to make the layout look right, so ignore the extra little space that look wierd, I couldn't fix them all! That's what I get for branching out and trying smaller pictures!

3 comments:

Joy said...

WOW your scrapbook pages look fantastic! And I love the pics from the wedding. I need to do one of those look a like meters, people always have such strong (and opposite) opinions of who Rachel 'looks just like'. :)

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

I'm impressed with the scrapbooking pages! You are a pro already!

Amy & Greg said...

Love the scrapbook pages. I really need to learn how to do that. I could handle that kind of scrapbooking--no glue. Just point and click--right?! We need to get together.