Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Into the unknown night

After a very fun weekend which included the America's regional night at Thunderbird, we have again revised our sleeping arrangements. Yesterday I sold the green and wood rocking chair I bought before I had Elia and bought a toddler bed and dresser. I sold the rocking chair for $75 and bought both the bed and dresser for the same! I pretty much feel like I scored! Plus, the dresser is really cute and both seem really well made. (I'll include pics next time). So tonight, Elia was really excited about this new bed... and really excited about sharing a room with Ethan (I've been working on this hype for about two weeks now), so we moved both of them in together. Cross your fingers, we'll see how it works. So far, Elia went to bed about 5 minutes before Ethan. She called Eric in once and told him she wanted Ethan to come to bed too. I finished wrapping Ethan up and put him in there too. He complained for about 10 minutes, then went to sleep. So far (one hour later) we haven't heard from either of them. I'll let you know next time how it worked, but we are ready to reclaim our bedroom!!!
Back to the cultural night, we had a great time eating cuisine from Latin and North America (One of the items was fried chicken. The school ordered 800 pieces, which was the largest order any Fry's store has had in its history!). Then they had entertainment complete with traditional Mexican dancers, salsa performers, hip hop dancers and a fashion show from around the U.S.
After America's night we went to some friends house for games and cake to celebrate our other friend (Erika Hanks)'s birthday. (Happy Birthday Erika). We love going to play games and we're glad our kid status hasn't excluded us. The reason this is, is because Elia and Ethan can go to bed anywhere. Elia just climbs in an extra bed and we put Ethan to bed either in his car seat, or if available, an empty crib. We're grateful for such flexible kids! Let's just hope they'll both be flexible tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you not take the toddler bed/dresser/crib down with you to AZ? or do you not have it anymore? Hope you had good luck with reclaiming your room.

Los Morales said...

Hey JEN!!, it's soo funny that we tried "reclaiming" our room too, or should I say I tried(Arturo was just fine with sharing it with Rebecca). Sunday night I decided was her last night in our bed. Then monday night I put Rebecca in her crib; I slept in the bed we have in her room. She woke up 5 times. Tuesday night; she woke up times. Last night she woke up by 5am(right when I was leaving for work). So far it is working for us!!!, I just hope Arturo can stick to it while I am gone to work!. Good luck, I know the feeling!.