Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!! We got back from our trip just in time to go to a school party last night and a trick or treat around the campus with Thunderkids today. As with all three-year-olds, Elia wanted to be a princess. I put braids around her head, which she promptly took down, but she still looked so beautiful.She would look so grown up and elegant... if it weren't for her insistance of Hippo being in the picture! Another note on Elia, it was interesting to see her choosing candy during our trick or treat parade. She loved Smarties and would choose them over Snikers or Reeses (is she crazy?) and when one guy held a tray with full-size candy bars and small pieces of candy, she chose the small candy. It made me wonder when we get the idea that bigger is better. Maybe it isn't. As some of you know, Eric and I have been doing a no-sweet challenge for the past three weeks. It has really been interesting to evaluate treats and say, "No big deal, I'm not really crazy about that anyway." Once I was tempted too far by a Lofthouse cookie, but I just asked Elia if I could have a bite of hers instead of eating my own. Fortunately, she obliged. I feel so much more in control of my sweet tooth and I've asked Eric if after Halloween if he wants to do it again until Thanksgiving!Ethan stole everyone's hearts with his too-cute lion costume. He was a good sport considering I don't think his costume was intended for an Arizona Halloween. I got hot just holding him.
It was a little too big (remember Elia was playing with it a month ago) and inhibited his movement a little, but it fit him surprisingly well. He is really moving all over the house now and is even trying to pull up on things. I am considering using the costume as a movement regulator in the future! Our house is far from "baby-proof" and we're going to have to do something soon!
I had to include Rachel and her too-cute costume. She definitely gets my prize as "most original"! She was a little bird in a nest. Way to go Joy! You are so creative!
Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

Jean Smith said...

Aaaahhh...all of the mommies and kids at Thunderbird...I miss you guys! Both of your kids look darling and I am in love with that picture of Ethan completely that completely fills the picture...so cute!

The Petty's said...

Ethan is looking so big in his costume. I guess he is getting to that stage where you see a lot of changes really fast. It will be fun to watch all that he learns to do from this point on, not that he hasn't come a long way. Both kids look very cute. Tell them "Hi".

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Your photography skills are sure getting good, your pics look amazing! I guess it's because your kids are so darling!!!!!!!