Sunday, November 9, 2008

Elia's election

So, I was thinking back over the past week about what has been happening and realized I didn't have any pictures! I know! Crazy! Not that we did anything too exciting, but still I usually have something!

However, I did have this poorly shot video and shot a second one this morning. So I would have SOMETHING to show for this week. Actually, the reason this week was so busy was that I was in charge of preschool... Yep, four three and four-year-olds were at my house for three hours on Tuesday and three hours on Thursday. Although having that much energy at once is always a little overwhelming we had a great time voting on Tuesday (I had the kids vote for President, VP, Governor and Mayor... which actually was a very interesting experiment in the way children think) and learning about the five senses on Thursday. Of course it is always very interesting to see how your child is with other children. I don't think she is like this at other houses (though maybe she is and I just don't know it), but Elia is very "in-charge" when preschool is at our house... Her quote, "The girls are in charge... My Mama is in charge and me and Lauren (the other girl in our group)." Poor guys! What is funny though is that both of the boys put themselves first in the voting activity. While both girls chose someone else to put first. I wonder if you could use that kind of activity to study what kind of personality a kid has... Hmmm. Any researchers out there? I know some good subjects!

In any case, we're teaching Ethan animal sound because it is just so fun to hear little kids attempt animal sounds and, let me tell you, Ethan LOVES animals... That is normal I know, but he won't choose any books besides books with real animal pictures. Sorry about how bad this first one is. You would think I would know more about light, but that combined with the fact that I had to rotate the video and it is squished a little makes the video really poor. Luckily, you really just have to listen.

Other than that, we've just been unpacking... I think the process will never end! So for now, have a great week! Oh, the only other great news is that I bought a boogie board at a garage sale for .50! I was pretty excited. TTFN!

2 comments:

Jake said...

HEY JEN, LOOKS LIKE FUN. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DO PRESCHOOL. TALK ABOUT A CRAZY JOB. I'M GOING TO LEAVE YOU FEEDBACK ON YOUR PHOTOBLOG. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.

KIM

The Petty's said...

How fun to see what Ethan is doing. It looks like he is a very happy fun loving kids! It is fun to see what we have on the horizan for us with McKay. Good luck unpacking.