Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Cat and The Bag

So now the 'cat' is really out of the bag. A few posts ago I wrote: "Did you know that Celine is the youngest of 14 kids? Man, we are only working on our third... we still have a long way to go to catch up to that." That was my way of trying to sneek in the announcement. As my sister-in-law pointed out, it was so subtle that no one except for our immediate family understood what was going on. Looking back, I can see how that phrase might have meant many different things.
We were going to wait until the twelfth week or so, but I've been feeling nauseous and I didn't really have too many excuses for being sick every day when my mom came for Christmas, and once you tell one person you really just have to tell everyone. So, there it is. The third Petty peanut will join our family near the beginning of August. Each of our children will have been born in a different state!
I still haven't chosen a doctor... something I need to do ASAP, but things have been going just fine so far. Eric and I plan on keeping the gender a secret again. For all of you who are expecting and haven't found out or for all of you who will someday have more children, we highly recommend not finding out the gender. We did that with Ethan and loved it!

14 comments:

Webster Family said...

You're right--that was WAY TOO SUBTLE! Congrats Petty family! So exciting. I'm also glad to hear that it is worth it not finding out the gender because when we get around to our 3rd that's our plan! (Since we already have one of each!!) Congrats again!

CandraWynne said...

Congratulations Jen!! We are due around the same time :) I totally passed by the "hint" but I am blond so I could have blamed me not getting it on that! Hope you start feeling well and have a great pregnancy!!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Congrats! ya, when I looked back at your posts, I did not pick up on it at all! So fun! Our kids will be the same age in school :)

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Congrats! I missed the earlier post, bummer. I am so excited for you, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Best of luck!

Gabbitas Family said...

I knew it! I read that post and thought to myself, "she's totally pregnant." But, how can you say anything when you aren't making the announcement. Congrats. That's so fun!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Jen, two posts in one week, I am impressed. I am so happy for you guys. Congrats, and I hope you get over the nausea asap!

kachers said...

CONGRATS! I wondered when I read your last post ... :> So exciting!! I love that you're not finding out!

K said...

Congratulations. You will join the rest of my friends working on #3. Seriously I can't believe how many people I know are going to have three kids by the end of the year. What a blessing. I hope the morning sickness passes and everything goes well.

Kim

Los Morales said...

FELICIDADES!!! SUPER NOTICIA!...we'll we ever catch up with you guys??;D. Hope you feel better soon!.

Tiffany said...

Woo hoo!! We're SOOO excited for you! Congratulations on peanut number 3 and sorry we missed the announcement. Yep, too subtle for me. :) I'm sorry to hear about the nausea... are you starting to feel better yet? And we're considering not finding out what number 3 is as well. We'll let you know in a few years. :)

Joy said...

That's very exciting, Jen! Congratulations. I didn't notice the hints, either.

Joab Meyer said...

congrats!!!!! You will move from man to man defense to zone.....

The Crouse House said...

Congrats from the CrouseHouse!

Nells-Bells said...

oh my goodness...congratulations! how exciting. sorry you have been sick. that is the only thing i dread about getting pregnant again (thus the "we are waiting a while" statement). good luck with everything!!!