Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kung Fu and Jumping

First off, my favorite sayings from Elia this week:
Mom: "Elia, you're exhausting!"
Elia: "I'm not a stocking!"
A different time:
Mom: "This is great!"
Elia: "Grapes? I love grapes!"
Gotta love four-year-olds!

Here are two fun videos for your enjoyment. Ethan is working on jumping... being tutored by Elia who can do a standing jump of about 5 feet! It is amazing!

We have some toy storage furniture in the playroom. One day Ethan crawled to the top, acted like he was king of the mountain and then did these funny kung-fu-ish moves. I said, "Are you doing your kung fu?" The next couple of times he would do it at random times, but when I was video taping the jumps he climbed up there and I prompted him to do his kung-fu... and he actually performed! What are the odds of that?

6 comments:

Los Morales said...

OH WOW!!! HE CAN JUMP!!.Isn't it funny how we can sometimes underestimate our little ones?? and they totally make us aware of how wrong we are?. Your kids are sooo cute!. I love Ethan's hair!.

Tiffany said...

So cute! I love the jumping and the kung fu!

Cathy Duffy said...

ah... he's so cute. looks like he's having a lot of fun!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Too cute! Elia is too funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that Elia can jump so high... she is such a fast runner too!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Boys will be boys!