Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cruising

Life is just cruising along here in Sugar Land. I can't believe the year is almost 1/4 over! Where does the time go?
I was about to start the blog by saying that not much was going on, but then I thought about how the kids have both been sick, Ethan is on steroids, we bought a pass to the Children's Museum, did our taxes and Elia is really getting into bike riding... and then I wondered which I should start with! Life is never dull is it?
So, the kids have been sick, I think it is probably the flu virus... Elia was sick first and stayed home from church last week with a fever... then Ethan got sick and when he gets sick, things are just complicated because of his breathing problems. I ended up taking him into the doctor (Yes, I finally found one... after 7.5 months here, it was about time), who put him on two medicines in the nebulizer machine, a steroid and an antibiotic. It seemed a little overkill, especially since I really thought it was a virus that wouldn't respond to antibiotics, but the doctor said he just wanted to make sure he got everything. So, this week we kept Ethan home from church. He kept pulling at his polo and saying, "church shirt"... he was not happy about staying home from church! Maybe next week, we'll all make it.
This week I also splurged and bought a pass to the children's museum. We used part of our tax return money for it and I think we'll get a lot out of it... especially this summer when it will be too hot to do much else.
I was also proud of myself for completing our taxes... and pretty early too! My eyes were really opened to what I'll have to do next year when I really have to do taxes for my photography business.
Last, but certainly not least, Elia is really excited about bike riding. Eric was anti-training wheels and he had Grandpa take the wheels off before they even gave it to her. I was a little skeptical, but I had no luck changing Eric's mind. We bought a little bike from the Goodwill and took off the pedals so she could learn to balance. She wasn't too keen on this, especially since she has this fabulous pink bike that Nana and Grandpa gave her for her birthday. So, we've been helping her with it and it hasn't taken her too long. She is still far away from riding completely by herself... but she can balance and pedal. She is getting a lot better at steering, though she needs work on that and on getting started too.
Of course, Ethan gets included too. He and his little bee helmet that he loves to wear even when he isn't riding, but really, it is too small for his head...
Enjoy the video. I combined the one of Elia riding and Ethan's cool trick (assisted by Eric).

5 comments:

The Petty's said...

Cool video. Good for you all! The "church shirt" comment reminds me how far behind we are around here. Hope not for long though. About Ethan's breathing, I will by you the book if you will read it, Healing the New Childhood Epidemics. It talks about healing asthma. I really would love for you to give it a try. If it worked it could be life changing for Ethan. The book talks about autism, ADHD and allergies as well, but it is still relevant to you. Let me know what you think.

Los Morales said...

GOOOO ELIAAA!!, oh my gosh, sooo cool!. This month we finally got Rebecca potty trained and I felt like it was SUCH A BIG THING!(eventhough she is almost three). Isn't so fun to see your children grow up and get to do all these things. How are you doing Jen?, how's that baby cooking?

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Super fun! Sounds like you have been busy. Enjoy the museum! Hope your family gets all better!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Are you showing yet? When you are, be sure to post a picture!

Amy & Greg said...

Yeah, Elia!! That is so cool! I am with Eric--forget the training wheels and just practice, practice, practice. That is so awesome!