Sunday, May 17, 2009

Seeing the Sites... San Antonio and Sea World

Another whirlwind week (gotta love those)! It started with a wonderful Mother's Day last Sunday. Eric made his mom and I crepes with a choice of eggs, jam and powdered sugar or fruit with whipped cream (or any combination) for breakfast. He also bought three roses (one for Elia too) and a box of petit fours that the young women were selling as a fundraiser. I learned in church that the woman who fought to establish Mother's Day then fought against it because it had become so commercialized. I'd like it to never get that way for us. I did get a "Mother's Day present"... getting my sewing machine fixed, but I hope my kids in the future just do something nice for me... or better yet, just give me a day off. :) The longer I'm a mother the more I appreciate just taking a break! :) Here is a picture of our roses and breakfast...
So in around-the-house news, a friend came over last week and helped me sew some curtains for my windows downstairs. I was very excited to get them done. Eric and I will hopefully get the rods up tomorrow morning before he leaves for his trip to Atlanta. Eric's mom has been very helpful in helping with the kids while I get some of my "projects" done. She watched the kids, plus one when my friend came over to help sew. I'm hoping to put pictures up very soon.
Speaking of pictures, I was looking through the pictures of the week and came across 89 pictures that Elia had taken with our camera one day when we weren't watching her. She took pictures of the computer screen, her toys, the clothes in our closet, the playroom, etc. Actually, most of them are pretty in focused. I thought this one of Ethan was cute to post. It's of him getting ready to slide down the temporary "slide" (a cardboard box) in the playroom.
While Eric's mom has been here we've also been out to see our cousin Abby's horse riding lessons and visit the children's museum. Here's a picture I took of Elia as we were going to the museum.
The highlight of the week was definitely our trip to San Antonio. Eric took off work early on Thursday and we drove to San Antonio. Using the Marriott points Eric has built up from his work travel we were able to stay for free. We hung out at the pool on Thursday night. Ethan loves using the cooler lid as a "boat" even when we're at home, and finally he was able to really use it as a boat...
I know... frogs keep turning up in our blog. Here is Eric's recent find...
We went to Sea World all day Friday. Here are our picture highlights as well as video clips from some of the shows we saw. We wore ourselves out and had a great time, but still managed to not get sunburned! What a deal!
This walrus was HUGE! The picture doesn't do him justice...

We enjoyed the sites of San Antonio on Saturday including a boat ride along the River Walk... ...and the Alamo (which is the most visited site in Texas). It rained all day Saturday, so we didn't see as much as we might have, but it was a nice break from the jam packed Friday at Sea World.
I wasn't kidding when I said whirlwind! Part of the reason our life is always a whirlwind is this...

Yep, that's usually all we see of Elia! Have a great week!

9 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Looks like a fun week. I hear San Antonio is pretty awesome, looks like you guys had fun. What the Elia she looks like a teenager in that car picture! LOL - Is she done with booster seats and everything?

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Fun!! San Antonio looks fun, we want to get there someday! Even better when you have free Marriott rooms!!! Hey, I want to see a pregnant picture of you! I can kinda see you in the Sea World pic but I think it is time for a shot of just you and the belly!!!!

Los Morales said...

BREAKFAST AND ALL FOR MOTHER'S DAY HUH?? WHAT A LUCKY GIRL!!.

Mauri said...

we were there the friday before mother's day! so fun! we have the same pics on our blog! i hope your kids loved it as much as mine did! were you DYING in the heat being prego?? i was seeing pregnant women walking around sweltering and thinking how grateful i was to not be...is that bad?

Anonymous said...

Oh I love San Antonio! That was one of the first things Dave and I did when we moved here!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Wow! What fun times! Love the frog pictures!

Amber Staub said...

Those are great pictures of the whales at Sea World. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
I want to come and see your curtains.

Danny, Andrea, Connor and Lizzie said...

Just like the Petty's to be off on a fun adventure! :) I'm so glad you had fun at Sea World. We love Shamu. -Andrea

Tiffany said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun and I love your pictures. Sea World looked like a blast.