Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Cow"stumes and Maternity Pictures (not the same:)

OK, if you can't tell by the title of the post, my humor is sort of weird these days. I guess that comes with having four weeks to go until baby comes and really not feeling ready! I'm counting down and though I'm ready to be done with back aches and heartburn, I'm not quite ready to have a newborn. We've been spending lots of time at the pool which offers some relief, but the heat is killing me!
I've been doing projects here and there like putting scrapbook paper on name letters for Elia and Ethan and my latest project for "cow appreciation day" at Chick-fil-A. My cousin sent me an e-mail about the event. Chick-fil-A gives you a free meal if you dress like a cow. I had this cow material I'd bought for a couple of dollars at a garage sale almost a year ago. I decided to go crazy and make cow costumes. So, on Thursday night, without a pattern, I created a jumper for Elia and these cute shorts/overalls for Ethan. I was quite proud of my efforts (which is why you get to see a lot of pictures). I went with four other families from the ward and one of them talked me into submitting my picture into the Chick-fil-A contest, the link is: http://www.showusthecow.com/photos.php?view=browse&tag=PETTY and if you could take a quick minute and vote for Ethan, that would be great. :) Of course, only if you want to, but consider it an early baby present for me :) The winner gets a free year of food, and if you ever come to visit, we'll share.
Ethan was being such a stinker... he did NOT want Elia sitting by him for a picture. After they first sat down (above) this (below) was as close as I could get him to her. She'd move closer to him and he'd get up and go to the other side of the step. Gotta love little brothers!
I do love the times when Elia is so sweet and caring to Ethan. Today she tucked him in for his nap and rested with him. When we made her leave and go to the playroom for her quiet time he yelled from the room, "I want my Ellie." I love those moments.
Eric went camping with the boyscouts on Friday night. They went to the beach. Eric had a great time fishing for crabs at 11:00 p.m. (he got snapped by a few) and then spending the morning "skimming" and boogie boarding. After working out Friday morning (he's started his exercise routine again and he always goes overboard the first couple of days), spending all day at the beach playing and getting sunburned on top of it all, he's having a difficult time walking today. I'd post pictures except nobody in the whole group brought a camera! I have to work on that boy (though I didn't remind him, so I guess I'm partly to blame)!
Finally, "thanks" (a lot) :) to all of you who have been bothering me about maternity pictures. Eric's been reading all of the requests and finally talked me into taking pictures. So, you can thank him. You even get two pics!
Well, now we're on to weekly doctor appointments. Our top two names are Claire for a girl and Will (William) for a boy. Hannah is a close second for a girl name. Happy week!

12 comments:

CandraWynne said...

Jen your maternity pictures are beautiful! I can definatly relate the AWFUL heat durin pregnancy! We're about 2 weeks away from a baby and it just can't come soon enough :) Good luck with everything

K said...

You look darling in your photos even if you don't feel that darling:) You are so close! Love the baby names. Can't wait to hear which one you choose.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

You look SOOO great!!! I LOVE all your names! Funny, I really love Claire and Hannah, both were names if we were having a girl! William is classic!

cambersue said...

yahoo! You're getting close! holy cow...the home stretch is a killer! good luck!

Joy said...

Wow, those costumes are fabulous! I can't believe you 'whipped' them up. You are awesome. LOVE the maternity pics, way to go Eric!

Amy & Greg said...

So fun! Glad to see you and your cute tummy. I was disappointed not to see it in previous photos. So fun! Love the names, too.

panky said...

Finally matrnity pics!!! Thanks Eric! They are beautiful!

Tiffany said...

You look great Jen!! What a beautiful girl you are and I'm so excited that you only have a few weeks to go! Not as excited as you are, I'm sure. :) I'm extremely impressed with your sewing skills and especially that you did it without a pattern. How do you even start to do that? :) I love all three of your names and I'm excited to meet the little tike. You should do a poll on the side of your blog to see if people think it will be a boy or a girl. What do you think it will be?

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Cute pictures! Love the maternity ones, you look great!

The Petty's said...

Ok, I don't think you look eight plus months pregnant! I think I got bigger with each one. Doesn't look like you are falling into that category yet. You will be glad you have the materinity pictures someday, even if it isn't now.
Agreed, you did good with your sewing project without a pattern.
Good luck with the last couple weeks. Hope all goes smooth when the day comes.

Paola said...

HEY Jen! Love the maternity pics. You look FAB. And I LOOOVE the pics you did of Cristian! THANKS!

Suz n' Johnny said...

Congrats! How much longer do you have? You look awesome. Cute names you've got picked out--we're thinking about using Claire for a middle name for our little girl coming next month! It's sure pretty. Also love Hannah and William (those are the names of my brother's twins)! Your kids are cute cute...and growing up!