Sunday, April 18, 2010

April in Review and a Birthday to Boot

So much to say, so little time! Where does it all go? A week ago, Elia had her final ballet recital. She loves dancing and is always making up dances at home. She's the one in the middle of this picture: Hip Hop routine:
So, this picture is pretty cute, but it would be even better without her tattoos. Grandma sent them to her for St. Patty's day and they are still on her arms a month later! I guess their idea of temporary is different from mine!
We have a fun little splash pad at a neighborhood park. The kids had a great time and Ethan got to sport his new birthday swimming shorts.
Don't forget our littlest... growing fast. She's already 8 months!
My new favorite picture:
Eric is always like one of the kids, he just jumps right in (at Ethan's birthday party he was the one dad up jumping on the trampoline and playing games with the kids.... I love it!).In other news... we now have a three year old! Today (April 18th) is his official birthday. We just invited some of Ethan's friends over and had cake and ice cream:
He requested a Spiderman cake and as usual, I do my best to comply. The hardest part of this cake was making sure the frosting was RED and not pink... Some cupcakes to go on the side and then some presents. We told people not to bring presents, though a few still did. He had fun opening them. He got some money from his Nana and Grandpa, Grammy and his Uncle Earl (and some from us) and we purchased a rocket, a scooter, and the baby doll he requested (I think he was tired of having to share Elia's all the time and always getting the one she didn't like at the time).
His Grandma sent him, among other things, a new pair of "Cars" tennis shoes...He is in love with them! You want proof?
Here is a miscellaneous picture we thought was fun... Is playing a puzzle on the computer that tiring? And finally, a few pics from Eric's trip to London. I was so jealous! Someday I'll get there too, but I really was excited that he got to go someplace cool... a lot more interesting than his usual Peoria, Illinois trip (no offence Illinois friends).
Oh, one more. Eric and I went to a friend's wedding last night. We never have pictures of the two of us, so here we are. Don't we make a handsome couple? In June it will be nine years! Nine, wonderful years! (Awwww) Now...

Then...

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the pictures Jen. How in the world did Ethan turn 3?? I thought it was just yesterday that you were asking me to help watch Elia when you had to go to the hospital. 3 years. Congratulations, but watch out... he sure is a cutie. Those girls are going to be chasing him down. I love your wedding picture and your current one. Such a cute couple. We sure miss you guys.

K said...

Your photos are always so amazing. I know...you're a photographer:) It looks so warm there I'm jealous! I also must say that I am a bit jealous of the London trip as well. It would be such fun to see Europe, although I'm grateful I'm not there now. Glad to see you're all doing well.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Love all the pictures! Elia is getting so big. Love Ethan's birthday cake! And congrats on 9 years!

The Petty's said...

It was nice to see your blog. With everyone on facebook and not blogging, I don't get to see as much of everyone and what they are doing in their lives. It is strange thinking you will have been married nine years this year. It is even stranger to realize I am not still thirty. Funny how life sneeks up on you. Wish you were closer so we could do more with you. Doesn't seem to be our fate, however. Tell everyone "Hi" from us and Ethan happy birthday. Best wishes...

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Great post! Love the picture of you guys at wedding, so cute. And Ethan is seriously growing up, such a handsome little man. Happy Birthday! And Elia looks so pretty and grown up in those ballet pictures. And Kara, so cute as always. Hope the kids are over their sicknesses too. And remind Eric, next time he is in London he MUST eat at Wagamama's!!

Amy & Greg said...

So fun! Can't you just photoshop the tattoos out? C'mon?

Andrew has the same suit as Ethan. Love it!

One day I'll make it back to Europe. One day.

Kara is getting cuter and cuter. What fun!

Suz n' Johnny said...

Very handsome couple, indeed! :) Hey, I'm going private on my blog--please facebook msg me a good email address so we can stay in touch. :)

Nells-Bells said...

your kids are adorable! seeing the pics from london makes me miss it! i also love the spiderman cake and the dance pics. super cute!

Paola said...

That was a cute blog post! Loved it.