Monday, April 5, 2010

Strawberries Picking and Easter Egg Hunting

We've had a great week with lots of fun activities! It's been nice to spend some extra time with Eric since he was gone the week before.
On Monday he met us at this indoor playground that is at a baptist church up the way. It is awesome and free! Since it was 5:30, we had the whole place to ourselves. We played hide-n-go-seek and tag (well, the tag lasted about two rounds). The kids mainly were just happy climbing and sliding with Papa.
On Wednesday we went with our neighbor Emma to a nearby strawberry patch to pick our own strawberries. We walked out $45 and 25 pounds later. I'm not kidding! Funny thing is, less than a week later, they are almost all gone! We are loving us some strawberries! There was a shirt there that said, "I had a berry good time at Froberg Farms." I think they should have had a shirt that said, "I went berry overboard at Froberg Farms." Seriously, who eats 25 pounds of strawberries in 5 days! I did make my first-ever jam, but most of the berries we just straight out ate. Yum!
Emma and Elia
On Friday we decided to go on the rare eating out activity. We don't go out very often, but it's nice to go out with the kids, teach them that napkins go in their laps... or even what napkins are.
We also had a nice Easter weekend. On Saturday the kids found their easter baskets hidden in the dryer...
And opened a giant egg my mom had sent...
Then we went to church and participated in the ward Easter egg hunt... Here are a bunch of Elia's friends...
Here is the picture of the day... This is pretty much what the kids did all day... Eric and I have decided that it is a lot easier to have the kids eat what they want in one day and then get rid of the rest. So, maybe they had almost no nutrition, but one day won't kill them... I hope! We donated the rest to the missionaries who came over for dinner Saturday night. They could either eat it themselves or give it away to some of the kids they see when they visit families. Our house is once again candy free. On Sunday we went to the church to watch General Conference in the morning. I also showed the kids some of the videos on the church website about the real meaning of easter. I wanted Sunday to sort of be separate from the Easter Bunny stuff. We had a nice relaxing day and even went for a bike ride in the evening, though I think those days are coming to a close. It's 82 degrees right now and we even had to turn on our A/C this weekend! Sad :(
Well, have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

I like your Saturday idea! Also, we have recently done the get it all out or into their system thing and then go back to normal the next day. Great pictures picking strawberries!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I am jealous of the weather, we are due for a huge snow storm tonight. I mean seriously, it's April already? I saw that you called today, sorry I was on the other line, let's catch up soon. I can't believe you guys got 25lbs of Strawberries, that makes me laugh. And I am with Maddy, love the Saturday idea.

Cristina said...

Happy Easter! My mom used to hide our easter baskets too! And we would have to search the house for them - I may be biased but I think it's a great idea!

The Petty's said...

I love those strawberry beds. Wow, how would it be to have them in you back yard. I have no dought that we could eat 25 lbs of strawberries in 5 days. We have been going through 20 lbs of apples in 2 days around here. Crazy. Can't keep them in the house.

Love the pictures, as always.

Cathy Duffy said...

I now have a Niece Elia. I love the name so much, I recommended it to my sister and they ended up naming their child Elia! love the new pictures of the kids!

Amy & Greg said...

So much fun! Yeah, you made freezer jam! Yummo! I did my first batch this year, too. Yikes! Of course I got in way over my head, but succeeded witha little help from two friends. Love teh pics.