Sunday, April 25, 2010

On a roll!

Wow. Two weeks in a row. We started off Monday with a fun family home evening... rocket launching! I LOVE Ethan's crossed eyes as he measures himself against the rocket. Eric went off to Peoria and the women (and Ethan) stuck around the house doing work. I took out this huge bush (this was what was left of the root), bundled up thorny bush branches, mowed, weed-wacked, and edged. The yard looks awesome though! I was joking that even if Eric didn't get an organized wife he got one that isn't afraid to do a little work or get a little dirty. In fact, I'd rather be outside working than doing housework.
On Friday, Nancy and I took the kids to Lake Jackson, TX. For those Texas friends who haven't been there, they have two awesome (and FREE) "attractions"... a science center that has a touch tank, a fish hatchery that you can tour and a natural science museum that has the largest collection of sea shells in the southern U.S. Pretty amazing.... and did I mention they were both free! I love a bargain.
Finally, a picture of my two sweet boys... Ethan's health isn't doing too well. I think I mentioned, he had pneumonia a week an a half ago. The doc prescribed an antibiotic, he got better, but now he's having a hard time breathing and another fever. Poor guy. Back to the doctor. Keep him in your prayers.
Oh and one more thing. We had a garage sale on Saturday. Perfect weather and we were able to get rid of a bunch of clothes and some other things we didn't need anymore. Yeah for downsizing and simplifying. You know, blogging isn't so difficult when you don't wait a month! Have a great week!

6 comments:

The Petty's said...

Sorry that Ethan isn't feeling well. Hope he gets better. We will be thinking of him.

Good for you, getting the bush out. I have a few bushes I need to get out too. Go Woman power!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Poor guy! It is no fun having sick kids. Love the cross eyed picture. He is getting so big!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

So sorry to hear about Ethan. I don't know what is wrong, but I can tell you that Lance had a cold for like 5 weeks, and finally we got him put on an antibiotic called augmentine, that thing was magic. Also, you make me laugh that you did all that yard work, you are one amazing woman!!!

Tiffany said...

Poor little Ethan! We'll pray for him. He's such a little doll. And you're the woman Jen! Look at you pulling out big bushes with a flick of your little finger! I never doubted you for a minute.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Sorry to hear about little Ethan! Nice job doing all that yard work, you are super woman!

Amy & Greg said...

Ah, so sorry to hear about Ethan, but I love the pics of him. Such a cutie! Glad you are having fun. Ethan, get better, little guy!