Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A visit to the temple

A little less than a week ago, we went, with Eric's mom, to Idaho to spend some time with Eric's brother and his family who live in Montana. We stayed with Eric's sister-in-law's mother and had a great time playing games and visiting. She has horses and cats. Elia loved this kitten and we had a hard time getting her to put it down: A highlight of our trip to Idaho was being able to go to the open house of the Rexburg temple. Elia was excited about being able to go into the temple.
Eric is now on the plane to China. When we first told Elia about China she asked, "Is their ice cream there?" We told her that there was. Now, she says at random times, "My Papa is going to China to get some ice cream." Let's hope he eats more than that there! :)
About that, our no-sweets diet that is, Eric and I are doing great. We haven't succumbed to sweets yet, though, speaking for myself, I have been tempted. Eric and I were talking about it and discussing what sugary thing we would eat knowing we had to pay $10 if we ate it. I talked about a piece of that lemon cake from the Cheesecake Factory, but by the time you ate the cake (which costs about $5) you would have lost $15 ($5 to buy the cake and the $10 fine for eating it). Eric said he could eat a whole fruit braid (which is his sister's specialty) and I thought I could eat quite a bit of dutch-oven peach cobbler. See, we got together with his cousin and aunt and uncle last week for a dutch oven dinner and they had peach cobbler. It looked SOOOOOOO good, but we didn't have any. I actually think that it is already easier to not eat sugar, though the $10 fine is sure a huge deterrent for me and I'm not sure I would be as faithful if I didn't have anything riding on the line.
So, this week I am going to work on finishing up my scrapbook pages when the kids go to bed. I'd like to print most, if not all I have done, this week. We'll see how it goes. I am also going to try to get my brain and life organized. Yeah, I am not sure how to do that, but I am going to get a little better.

3 comments:

Joab Meyer said...

Wow that is great the Eric is coming here! Joab is going to speak at a T-Bird panel discussion sometime next week. When Joab was on his THREE week time in Asia Winterim we all got so sick. I pray you all stay healthy! Em

Tiffany said...

I love the $10 no sugar idea! I might have to use that one.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I'd just like to "comment" that your kids are so cute and you look absolutely FABULOUS. :) It was great to see you on Saturday. --Erin