Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sleep is good!

They did it! Elia slept through the night last night and Ethan didn't need to eat during the night! It was amazing! Ethan did wake up once at 3:00, but I wrapped him back up and put him back down. I did give him the pacifier (which I never do) because I didn't want to guess if he was crying because he was hungry or just crying because he wanted to nurse (there is a difference there). He went back to sleep without a peep!

Elia has picked up the words stupid and dumb from somewhere. I'm not sure who has said them around her because we don't say them. At first when she said stupid, I said, "Yes, that's super" (the way stupid sounds is kind of like super). But now, I've decided to just ignore it everytime she says it. We'll see how quickly it distinguishes itself. I can tell that everytime she says it she wants me to respond. What a smart girl.

She has also taken to reciting back these monster stories by Mercer Mayer. She can recite them almost word for word.

2 comments:

Amy & Greg said...

Sleep is good. I am consigning myself to no more sleep for 10 years. Then I will sleep a little until Andrew is a teenager. Maybe sleep is overrated.

Joy said...

Good possibility she probably picked up those words from me. And probably Oh my gosh, too. Oops! I guess I need to learn the ins and outs of naughty toddler language.