Monday, July 23, 2007

Super good pancakes

We had blueberry pancakes yesterday with our favorite pancake mix. We made this once as Christmas presents for people because it looks pretty in a jar because you layer the different colors. Now we don't have anything but these kind of pancakes. Plus because of all the different grains, they are so flavorful.

1 C. white flour
1 C. wheat flour
1/2 C. quick oats
1/2 C. cornmeal
1/3 C. wheat bran
3 T. Sugar
1 T. Baking Powder
2 t. Baking Soda
1 t. salt
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. cinnamon

I usually make two batches of mix and add extra nutmeg and cinnamon and sometimes pumpkin pie spice.
Mix ingredients all together and store in a closed container. When you are ready, shake ingredients again and measure out 1 c. mix, add 1 egg, 1 t. oil and 1 c. milk. Stir until just moistened. 1 c. mix feeds Eric, Elia and I. We also use this for waffles. The wheat bran is the hardest to find, but you could always just put a little more of the flour or oatmeal and skip it.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

OHHH, Sounds fantastic! I can't wait to try these...this weekend for sure! Thanks for sharing, I love getting new recipes.

Joy said...

Sounds Oh So Yummy

Smith Family said...

Hmmm...imagine that...making your pancakes from scratch. I don't think I have ever ventured away from Krusteaz pancake mix. I'm lame. I am excited to try your recipe since my family are all huge fans of pancakes.

Tiffany said...

Thanks Jen! We loved 'em.